Chris Hedges is a man who has devoted his life to revealing unpleasant truths, even on pain of being fired from the New York Times or imprisonment. His writing is insightful and useful for those of us striving for real change.
Here are several sources.
- Because it is easy to get discouraged, perhaps his best is this five minute talk on hope at
- Here is a talk he gave to the Green party at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8H0ty327o0&feature=youtu.be He is absolutely right in asserting that the time for discussion is over.
- He talked about Sacrifice Zones” and his book mentioned below Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt here at http://billmoyers.com/segment/chris-hedges-on-capitalism%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98sacrifice-zones%E2%80%99/
- In 2013 he did this video Calling All Rebels at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xioLxDsR6o8
- He writes a weekly column on Monday for Truthdig at http://www.truthdig.com/tag/chris+hedges
- My favorite book of his which covers society with a wide brush is “Death of the Liberal Class” ISBN 9781568586441 (2010) His other books include the following.
-War is a Force that Gives Us Meaning ISBN 1586480499 (2002)
-What Every Person Should Know About War ISBN 1417721049 (2003)
-American Fascists: The Christian Right and the War on America ISBN 0743284437
-Collateral Damage: America’s War Against Iraqi Civilians ISBN 1568583737 (2008)
-Empire of Illusion: The End of Literacy and the Triumph of Spectacle ISBN 9781568584379 (2009)
-The World As It Is: Dispatches on the Myth of Human Progress ISBN 9781568586403 (2010)
-Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt (with Joe Sacco) ISBN 9781568586434 (2012)