- Unified Platform
- Our Allies
- About ▼
- Act! ▼
- Volunteer! ▼
- Media ▼
- Spread the Word
- Video ►
- Michael Cavlan for Senate 2012
- Chris Hedges on the End of Empire
- Moving Forward
- Corporations are NOT people
- George Carlin
- Jill Stein: People's State of the Union
- Tommy Douglas: His Issues Were Ours
- Which Side of History Will You Be On?
- Challenging Power, Changing Politics: Sanders, Stein, Honkala on Bill Moyers
- Exclusive: As Obama and Romney Agree on Afghan War, Israel and Syria, Third Parties Give Alternative
- Expanding the 2012 Debate: Third Party Candidates Break the Sound Barrier As Obama-Romney Spar
- Expanding the VP Debate: Third-Party Candidates Challenge Biden & Ryan on War, Economy, Healthcare
- Hedges: America’s Devastated 'Sacrifice Zones' Are The Future For All Of Us
- Mouseland: where mice kept voting for cats as leaders
- Blog ▼
- Contact Us
Obama and Democrats Cave Yet Again!
Politico recently reported, "Facing the imminent prospect of default, the White House and congressional leaders reached a debt ceiling deal that gives President Barack Obama greater certainty in managing the Treasury's borrowing needs while making a joint commitment to major deficit reduction without any explicit concessions by the GOP on new tax revenues."
Obama did not cave, of course, he has worked harder than Bush to maintain tax cuts for the rich and destroy our social safety net. No other republican could have gotten away with "temporarily" doing away with social security taxes and linking it to taxes for the rich. See And Have Not Love and Grayson, Kucinich, Warren, and the Road to Hell and US Gov. Spending Cuts: What's On The Table? and I Will Not Yield on what was that again? and Harry Belafonte Explodes the Presidential "Make Me Do It" Myth" and "Who's Wearing a Pudding Face?" and What Happened to Obama?
It should be crystal clear by now that there is no difference between the two major parties. The only choice remaining if we are to avoid third world status is to start a third party such as the NPA.